Wednesday 2 July 2008

I Wanna Be as Cool as Berlin

I'm one of those people who always wish they were as cool as everyone else
You know when people start listening to the same music as you and watching all your favourite shows and write their blog just like yours and start being friends with all your besties and then make it seem like they're the cool and original ones cause 'they totally had no idea you even did any of that'
Not that you talk about it all day every day
And then they make you feel un-cool because they do it all and for some reason, they make it look cooler. Or maybe they just make themselves more annoying, I'm not sure.

Then today, as I was sitting at MY OWN DESK at RAVE MAGAZINE writing interview questions for a band that would be in one of the next few issues, after I had transcribed an interview with Jose, the drummer for The Breeders and before I wrote an indie album review that would be in an up-coming issue that all those people who pretended they were better than me, by trying to be like me, really didn't have shit
Sure, a few of them have been to my favourite city on earth, but they don't get to work at one of Australia's most widely read music magazines.


Anyway, I'm just so totally awesome that it wouldn't even matter if anyone tried to be cooler. My awesome would just over-power them


6 comments:

Shaz said...

Words of wisdom from an older person, don't compare yourself to others. When you are much older and look back at your school years, you will wonder why the hell you thought some of the others "cooler" than you! Enjoy your awesome experience now, and hopefully it'll put you on track for the lifetime that you dream of.

Anonymous said...

You work at Rave?

<3 TIM said...

hey, i've been trying to find the song that goes "i wanna be as cool as berlin" but to no avail expect for your blog... do you know who sings it? cheers!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

http://www.myspace.com/valeskasteiner

<3 TIM said...

awesome. thx so much. any chance you have the .mp3?